AmigaActive (1301/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:17 May 2000 at 20:49:28
Subject:Re: What Software

Hello Gerry,

On 17-May-00, you wrote:

>> Right, you have a 50 quid software voucher. You can only use it to
>> get Amiga software, and you can top it up if necessary.

>> What would you buy?

> Is this entirely hypothetical, or do you actually have a £50
> software voucher? I assume you're just interested in what people
> would buy.

This is hypothetical, Gerry. I was discussing software with a few PC
owners at work, and I reckoned the average Amiga user now uses the
machine more productively than the average PC user. I'm talking
Home Use here, not machines used for work.

Most of the PC owners at work, having bought their "Internet Ready"
PCs and had their first phone bill after struggling with the software
for months now seem to mainly use them for running pirated games!

> I would get DOpus Magellan 2, which I've been putting off
> buying for some time now. Either that, or Candy Factory Pro (which
> would leave me with some extra cash to spend) so I'd spend the extra
> on a game, maybe Napalm, or Simon the Sorceror 2 (when it finally
> arrives).

> Gerry - or maybe I'd upgrade from PFS2 to PFS3

Another vote for productivity, then - with some recreational gaming
thrown in for stress relief ;-)

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

She kept saying I didn't listen to her, or something.

Need extra cash? Get the cash you need fast with a refinance or home
equity loan. Needmoney.com, a division of New Century Mortgage
Corporation is an approved Equal Housing Lender.